The SSC JE salary is one of the most compelling reasons to take the exam. The SSC JE salary has been dramatically increased after the 7th pay commission. Once the recruitment is completed, the candidates shortlisted for the job role would be paid a total of INR 44,000/- like salary, in addition to other benefits and allowances.
Thus, SSC JE Recruitment applicants should be aware of the SSC JE Salary and Job Profile that the commission is offering. In this article, we will look at the detailed salary structure of SSC Junior Engineers:
|Basic Pay for SSC Junior Engineers||INR 35,400 to INR 1,12,400|
|SSC Junior Engineer Salary in hand||INR 44,000 (Inclusive of all benefits)|
Perks and Allowances for SSC Junior Engineers
The gross remuneration of the SSC JE has increased significantly in many departments since the adoption of the 7th Pay Commission. Aside from the basic pay, a Junior Engineer receives several allowances and benefits that are added to their salary, resulting in a rise in their pay.
Let’s have a look at some of the various benefits and allowances available in addition to the SSC JE base pay:
|Pay Level of Posts||Pay Level-6|
|Payscale||INR 35,400/- to INR 1,12,400/-|
|Grade Pay||INR 4200/-|
|Basic pay||INR 35,400/-|
|HRA (as per the city)||· INR 8,496/-· INR 5,664/-· INR 2,832/-|
|DA (Dearness allowance)||INR 6,018/-|
|Travel Allowance||· Cities- INR 3600/-· Other Places- INR 1800/-|
|Gross Salary Range (as per the city)||· INR 53,514/-· INR 50,682/-· INR 46,050/-|
- HRA, or House Rent Allowance, varies depending on where you live. Broadly speaking, it is higher in X and Y cities than in Z cities. HRA rates in X, Y, and Z class cities will be Rs. 5400, Rs. 3600, and Rs. 1800, respectively.
- Cities/Towns are divided into categories. House Rent Allowance is calculated as a percentage of Basic Pay for each month. The following are the conditions for receiving House Rent Allowance (HRA): X cities account for 24 percent, Y cities for 16 percent, and Z cities for 8 percent.
- The Dearness Allowance, which is now 17 percent of basic pay under the 7th Pay Commission, maybe a cost of living adjustment allowance. HRA rates will be revised to 27 percent, 18 percent, and 9 percent for X, Y, and Z class cities, respectively, when Dearness Allowance (DA) surpasses 25 percent, and to 30 percent, 20 percent, and 10 percent when DA crosses 50 percent.
- The amount of time you have to travel is determined by the distance you travel daily from home. If you’re obliged to undertake more fieldwork, your allowance will grow.
- The railway pays a predetermined medical allowance to ensure that railway personnel can cover their day-to-day medical expenses. In the event of a medical emergency, the government will also cover their medical bills.
- Other allowances in SSC JE are also eligible for additional special allowances such as leisure activities, leaves, and so on.
That was all about the SSC JE salary, perks, and allowances. Do you intend to take the SSC Junior Engineer Exam? BYJU’s Exam Prep’s exclusive selection of SSC JE exam preparation app, updated to reflect the most recent exam structure and content, will help you assess your level of preparation. Our exam series is built by experts to assist you in accessing your knowledge about this exam and staying ahead of the competition. We hope you found this post useful.
All the best!!